Thursday, July 9, 2009

Books on my My Wish List II

I have not got my hands on my first wish list but now I have more titles to add (丌^丌)


I love books by Malcome Gladwell. I first read his Blink (shown below), and I read the book twice. Now I feel like wanna read it again.

I wanna get his first book that brought him to hall of fame: The Tipping Point. I believe it wouldn't disappoint me.
And also he released another new book: Outliers. Have no idea about what it is but definitely a must read^^

Read all about this author and introductions to his books at GLADWELL DOT COM.





In God, Distrust.

Hitchens is an old-fashioned village atheist, standing in the square trying to pick arguments with the good citizens on their way to church. The book is full of logical flourishes and conundrums, many of them entertaining to the nonbeliever.--->an attraction to a non-believer believer like moi.

Two interesting questions ignite my reading desire:
  • How could Christ have died for our sins, when supposedly he also did not die at all?
  • Did the Jews not know that murder and adultery were wrong before they received the Ten Commandments, and if they did know, why was this such a wonderful gift?


GOD IS NOT GREAT

How Religion Poisons Everything.

By Christopher Hitchens


Thirteen Reasons Why,” by Jay Asher, is made up of the transcripts of audiotapes that 16-year-old Hannah Baker recorded before committing suicide, interspersed with the reactions of a high school classmate who listens to them. Each tape reveals an anecdote about another classmatewhose actions the girl blames for her death.

No comments:

Post a Comment