Saturday, August 11, 2012

New home remedy love

It's been ages I abandon this blog, and finally I manage to guess the password right (phew).

I discontinue the green tea-apple cider vinegar toner because my partner dislike the smell on my face, and the smooching on the face turned awful (LOL).

And I finally wanna give this remedy that sounds horror a try... Extra Virgin Coconut Oil! And oh it has been  wonder product, and I say this after only a few days of use!

This is the one that I am using:

From Cosway
Cost about RM25 (roughly $8)

And I didn't realise the organic shop that I entered belongs to Cosway... smart strategy to use different name for a direct selling store (because I am most certainly will avoid walking into a direct selling store).

How to use coconut oil on your face:

After washing your face and patting it dry, use your favorite toner, and then dip one or two of your finger(s) into the coconut oil bottle, and then quickly and carefully (the oil is a very runny liquid) rub between 3 fingers of both of your hands, and then massage your face.

I focus on my T-zone, area around my nose and my chin, the most acne-prone areas.

Verdict:

After 3 days, I am surprised with another beneficial side-effect: my acne scars are fading!! I did a quick check on google and found out that people do actually have their scars faded after using coconut oil, what a welcoming surprise! My main purpose of using it is to properly moisturise my face and reduce the occurrence of acne. So this is like a triple-effect solution which is just perfect. Also, it reduce wrinkles :)

I just found out about my beauty faux-pax while visiting beauty salon for face spa: I shouldn't use cream-like moisturiser  And I had been using those for years! No wonder no matter what I use my face still looks out of control. So after I give up on my Hada Labo lotion which is white in colour and cream-like, I switched to gel-type moisturiser and my face is thanking me. But the gel-type moisturiser is whacking a big hole on my wallet---they are freaking expensive!!! This is the reason why I turned to google for help with great home remedy for moisturising face without breaking out, and that's how I fell for the new-found love of coconut oil :)


Hada Labo Retinol Lifting and Firming Lotion (Red), and its best-seller moisturising lotion (white). 
Source: MyWonmenStuff (I'm too lazy to take picture and put them up, orz)


The red bottle is the one that I currently use as toner. I have to give up the most-raved moisturiser in Japan (the white bottle) because it actually doesn't suit my skin type :(

I will still keep looking for a all-natural toner option. Because you know, our skin 'eats' 80% of whatever we put on it. So I hope my skin eat organic food too <3 p="p">

No comments:

Post a Comment